Future of free Docker Spaces quota for older accounts?

Hi everyone,

I noticed that new Hugging Face accounts currently have a free CPU-basic quota of 0.

On my older account, I still have permission to run 2 free Docker Spaces (CPU-basic). Will this existing free Docker Space quota be grandfathered in, or is it also scheduled to be discontinued or removed for older accounts?

No official statement on this anywhere I could find, so nobody can promise grandfathering. What the docs actually say is that Gradio and Docker Spaces require a paid plan to create, which is a gate on creation, not a documented shutdown of existing ones. In practice, users in the big complaint thread report that older free Spaces are still running, but there’s also been a report of not being able to update existing ones, so it’s not fully clear-cut.

Safest approach: treat your 2 free Docker Spaces as “working for now, no guarantee”. Keep the code and Dockerfile in a GitHub repo (or locally) so you can redeploy elsewhere or on PRO quickly if HF ever changes this. And don’t delete-and-recreate them, since that would likely count as creating a new one under the new rule.